What I got for Christmas ….To be honest I’ve been debating writing this post because I don’t want to come across all braggy and spoiled, but lots of people from the blogging community have done it and I figured that these are gifts that I’m so so grateful for, so why not show them off?! ☺️
1. VINYLS!!! My obsession with vinyl records is kind of insane, since my boyfriend bought me Hotel California on vinyl for my 18th and his mother got me a vinyl player, the obsession has just grown and grown. Here I’ve pictured The Clash – London Calling and Mumford and Sons – Sigh No More, both of which I was given by my amazing boyfriend Ryan! London Calling was a bit of a gamble for him as I’m not hugely familiar with The Clash but I was sooooo happy when I opened it and can’t stop listening to it now! Sigh No More was more of a given as the both of us love Mumford and Sons and owning it on vinyl is just lovely. Lastly is my most favourite band everrrr, Red Hot Chili Peppers with Californication! This arrived late so I only got it today, but WOW, boy did goooood!
2. BATH PRODUCTS!!!! It wouldn’t be Christmas without Lush galore and lots of Soap and Glory. I was super lucky to receive some amazing Lush bath bombs and bubble bars from my Mam and a Rose Jam Lush solid perfume from my bestie. I also bought some Lush goodies (including the big box in the left corner) from the Boxing Day sale at the Cardiff store with some Christmas money. I’ve only featured some of the Lush products as I had so many! Soap and Glory is another favourite of mine and my boyfriends mother was super generous and gave me an amazing gift set that had all of my fave products!
3. Yankee Candle. I got an amazing large Yankee Candle from my bestie in the Cappuccino Truffle scent, one of my all time favourites! I recommend this scent to all coffee lovers and Yankee lovers in general. My room constantly smells like Starbucks…what’s not to love!?
4. Special Edition books! Being a literary enthusiast, books are an obvious favourite of mine, especially any pretty looking books like the ones pictured. My amazing boyfriend manages to get me two of my all time favourite books, The Great Gatsby and Alice in Wonderland in the most gorgeous editions. I almost cried when I opened them and now they take pride of place on my bookshelf!
5. Penguin themed gifts! Penguins are my all time favourite animal, and every year without fail I will acquire at least one thing that is penguin themed. This year I got that amazing penguin pillow from my Mam and the gorgeous Cath Kidston penguin mug from my bestie, among a few other penguin gifts. So soooo cute! 🐧
6. Disney DVDs and a few other classics. You are NEVER too old for Disney and this year my Mam truly outdid herself with her choices. All three are some of my most favourite Disney’s from my childhood and I am now the proud owner of them on DVD, because let’s be honest, video cassettes are not really a thing now! I also got Breakfast at Tiffany’s and Rear Window, two of my all time favourites, as I am understandably obsessed with classic films starring the likes of Audrey Hepburn and Grace Kelly.
7. Bookchair. I was given this by my Dad and Stepmam and being such a bookworm this is probably the best thing I’ve ever come across. It’s like a kind of rest for your book so you don’t have to hold it while you read!!! It’s the cutest thing everrrr!
I feel extremely lucky and so spoiled this Christmas, and I love each and every one of my gifts. Obviously, Christmas is about more than just gifts, it’s about being with loved ones and spending precious time with family and friends. However, there is nothing wrong with giving and receiving gifts and showing them off when you are soooo happy with them.
Hope you’ve all enjoyed this post and all had a wonderful Christmastime!