As Christmas fast approaches I thought it was about time I wrote a blog post about it. My blog posts of late have been slightly more serious, which of course is completely fine, but I’ve missed writing more fun posts! So to celebrate Christmas week here is a post dedicated to ‘Five Things that are Inevitable at Christmas’ 🎁🎄🎅🏻
1. Watching nothing but Christmas films and TV Christmas specials. Ok, so by Boxing Day you may not want to watch Home Alone ever again, (well at least until next Christmas) and you’ve probably watched the Only Fools and Horses Christmas specials more times than you can count, but really, would we have it any other way?! Who wants regular TV at Christmas!?
2. Eating enough food to feed a small family everyday from December 1st until New Year’s Day. What is it about Christmas that just makes it ok to gorge on chocolate for every single meal? And then there’s Christmas dinner that seems to last for weeks and the countless family gatherings full of food. And you are not allowed to feel guilty either, Christmas is meant to be unhealthy!
3. Getting extremely annoyed at the constant Christmas songs (but deep down knowing that you love them and wouldn’t have it any other way). Wherever you go from November right through to New Year, Christmas songs are overplayed. Love them or hate them, you can’t dispute the Christmassy feeling you get when you’re walking around shops and you hear ‘All I Want For Christmas’ in the background!
4. Having a pre-Christmas mini meltdown. Will Dad like his present?! Where did I put the sellotape?! Why do my cats insist on ruining the Christmas tree?! At Christmas, every little thing seems to bother us so much more than usual. It’s a pretty stressful time to be fair, but try to forget these stresses and focus on feeling festive and happy! 🎄🎁
5. Seeing family members that you haven’t seen since, well, last Christmas! For me this is the best bit about Christmas as there is nothing nicer than your loved ones gathering round to celebrate together. Presents are amazing and Christmas food beats all the other foods there is, but there is nothing quite like the feeling of having all your family gathered around you! ☺️
Merry Christmas everyone! Xx
*photo credit to weheartit*